About the Ashburn Farm Community
|A Brief History|
The majority of the land on which Ashburn Farm is located was originally the Gray Dairy Farm. A windmill was salvaged and restored from the Gray Estate and now stands with the large “Ohio Buckeye” tree.
The Ashburn Farm Partnership was created under Virginia law and began
development in 1986. Construction started after the concept plan was approved by Loudoun County in 1986. Cavalier Land
Development Corp., developers of Ashburn Farm, planned the community to
blend with the natural rolling terrain, resulting in winding boulevards
and lots of trees. Ashburn Farm is north of the Dulles Greenway and
bordered by Belmont Ridge Rd to the west, Ashburn Rd to the east, and the
W&OD Trail to the north.
The first home was purchased in the Smmer of 1988. All the roads and utilities were built to Loudoun County and State standards, and have been dedicated to the State of Virginia for continued maintenance. Streets in the Townhouse areas however, are conveyed to and maintained by the Ashburn Farm Association. In addition, individual homeowners are responsible for common driveways and/or pipe stems.
Click here to view amap of Ashburn Farm.
|The Association and You|
The Ashburn Farm Association is a separate, private, not for profit and non-stock Virginia Corporation. As a homeowner, you are automatically a member. The Association owns, maintains, and administers the common areas; administers and enforces the Covenants and Restrictions; and collects and disperses the assessments. The daily administration work is carried out by a paid General Manager and staff. The staff take their direction from the seven member Board of Trustees whose authority is granted in the Association’s governing documents. You, as a homeowner, are responsible for:
1) Payment of monthly assessments when due;
2) Providing the Association Office with name and address changes, including rental information
3) Purchasing aDisclosure Package when selling your home;
5) And finally to become an informed and involved member of the community by volunteering and by attending the regularly scheduledBoard of Trustees Homeowner meetings. Please read the monthly newsletter and consult our website regularly to keep up-to-date on issues regarding Ashburn Farm.
|Number of Acres||Note: 185 acres is reserved for open space and recreational facilities.||1,370|
|Number of Homes||Total Homes||3,862|
|Single Family Homes||1,824|
Ashburn Farm has many amenities, including:
* 3 Outdoor Swimming Pools with Pool Houses
* 12 Tennis Courts
* 2 Soccer Fields
* 1 Baseball Field
* 19 Tot Lots
* 5 Ponds stocked with fish (catch and release)
* 1 Covered Pavilion
* 28 Miles of Bike and Exercise Trails